Lighthouse Health Group holds all prerequisite statutory insurances required to allow our consultants to provide professional advice and services.
Each of our consultants and office personnel are also covered by valid Worker’s Compensation insurance. Copies of our various Certificates of Currency are available upon request from our National Head Office.
The Privacy Act 1988 established 10 National Privacy Principles (NPP’s) which set out the standards for the handling of personal information.
The NPP’s cover:
- The collection of personal information
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- Data quality
- Data security
- Access and correction
- Trans-border data flows
- Collection of sensitive information
Lighthouse Health Group is committed to full compliance with the NPP in all aspects of its operation.
The personal information held by Lighthouse Health Group is generally limited to three types:
- The personal information of our Officers and Directors. This is limited to the minimum information required by law
- The personal information of our employees
- The personal information of other individuals and organisations who have contact with us from time to time. This particular category includes our clients (patients) and their carers, legal counsel, funding and other related organisations
This information is generally limited to:
The necessary minimum information required to establish and maintain routine communication with individuals in the course of our case management and consulting activities; and
Record patient treatment regimes and recommendations.
The individuals involved in this activity could include, but may not be limited to:
- treating physicians and other health professionals;
- rehabilitation officers;
- funding managers;
- school staff members;
- nursing agencies; and
- legal counsel.
The type of information is usually limited to the minimum information required to establish and maintain contact. This would be limited routinely to business telephone and fax numbers, email addresses and usual business addresses.
In the case of individual case management clients, it also extends to private telephone and fax numbers, email and postal addresses, medical, nursing and allied health requirements and partners’ names as supplied for particular ‘in case of emergency’ reasons.
The purpose for which we hold personal information is limited almost totally to establishing and maintaining contact with individuals in the normal course of our activities and to provide case management activities.
If an individual believes that his or her privacy has been breached by any action of Lighthouse Health Group, he or she should complain directly to us by telephone, fax, email or post or use our Contact Page to lodge your complaint.