Kelly Leggett B.Sc
Wound Management Consultant
Bachelor of Nursing – University of Western Sydney
Diploma of Business. Graduate Certificate Wound Care – Monash University (current)
SPECIAL FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Management of acute and chronic wounds.
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT).
- Continence care.
- Aged care.
- Dementia care and training.
- Clinical nursing assessment.
Kelly completed her Bachelor of Nursing from the University of Western Sydney in 2005. She has extensive experience in the Aged Care, Disability and Community sectors. Kelly previously managed a 122-bed Aged Care facility in Western Sydney, at which time she completed a Diploma of Business and Certificate in Dementia Care and Behaviours from Wollongong University. Prior to commencing employment with LHG Kelly spent two and a half years working in the community sector for a large private Community Nursing Service where she specialised in wound care, continence, and complex clinical nursing/home assessment. Kelly has a great passion for providing wound care to clients using evidence-based best practice, and receives much satisfaction from assisting clients to maintain optimum quality of life.
- Member: NSW Wound Care Association
- Member: Royal College of Nursing Australia
- Member: Australian Wound Care Association