Occupational Therapist/Case Manager
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
Curtin University, Shenton Park, Western Australia
- Postgraduate Training in Driver Assessment and Rehabilitation
Cumberland College, Lidcombe, New South Wales
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (2006)
SJOG in conjunction with Mercy Care Training
- Registered Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
- Occupational Therapy Driver Assessor Reg No: DRC9308-6.
Special Fields of Expertise & Interest
- Catastrophic Injury Case Management
- Acquired Brain Injury : Adult
- Driver Assessment & Rehabilitation
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Injury Management
Valerie has 25 years plus experience working as an Occupational Therapist in
- Extensive work history as a Senior Occupational Therapist, Rehabilitation Case Manager, Workplace Trainer and Assessor and OT Driving Assessor.
- Extensive work experience in vocational and occupational rehabilitation, driver assessment and rehabilitation with a multi-diagnostic client population.
- Experience in developing and implementing workplace training programs.
- Extensive experience in providing consultative services both in public and private sector rehabilitation and health.
- Since August 2011 following employment commencement at the State Head Injury Unit (Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital) Valerie developed an interest in expanding her field of expertise to providing Occupational Therapy and Case Management services to clients diagnosed with Acquired Brain Injury.
Valerie is based in the Perth office.
Valerie enjoys bushwalking, movies, theatre, cooking and reading.